Parents: Early Learning
But too many young children do not start school ready to learn. They enter school behind their better prepared peers. Many never catch up.
As your children’s first teacher, you can help ensure they will enter school ready to succeed by:
- building literacy through speaking and singing to your children and encouraging them to speak to you
- deepening your understanding of what your children know and are able to do
- promoting positive social and emotional development
- encouraging early math skills
- considering the use of technology to engage your children in learning